… I can see at least six things wrong with today’s ‘opening day’ lineup.
J. Johnson, P
The obvious ones, of course:
- Nomar at 3B rather than LaRoche
- Pierre in LF rather than Ethier, Young, or Sandy Amoros
- Pierre batting leadoff (remember, the worst batter in the lineup getting the most at-bats) over Furcal
- Kent batting cleanup rather than Jones
- Nomar batting ahead of Kemp in any configuration
- Kemp.. batting 8th?!
I know, I know. It’s Feb. 28 and we all know the lineup on March 31 isn’t going to be exactly like this. But still – not off to a good start.