You know, short of seeing something historic like a perfect game or the 4+1 game, I’m trying to think of any way that today’s game could have been just more outstanding in every possible way. If I may list things out…
- Matt Kemp breaking out of his mini-slump with four hits, including a homer and two doubles
- Folk hero and all around awesome dude A.J. Ellis collecting two extra-base hits, including his 8th dinger of the year
- New favorite Hanley Ramirez picking up two more hits, including a double, giving him six hits in his first four games and at least one run scored in each
- The much-maligned Chad Billingsley throwing 7.1 shutout innings, allowing just four baserunners and not a single walk
- Mark Ellis celebrating his first time at leadoff by getting on twice and scoring each time, both on Kemp hits
- Not only winning 10-0 against the Giants, but doing it on the road while taking the series and heading into tomorrow’s finale just a game out of first place
Perfection? If not, then pretty damn close.