No new post today, unless Vin has something cooking I don’t know about. Today’s my birthday, so I’m taking a break. In the meantime, quick thoughts…
* DodgerThoughts wonders why Eric Stults has been completely ignored, and I couldn’t agree more. I’ve been wanting to see Stults get a start or two for some time, namely here and here.
* Bill Shaikin of the Los Angeles Times questions whether Greg Maddux might not make the playoff rotation, which is basically what I said when I picked a playoff roster, although that was before it looked very unlikely that Brad Penny would be taking up a spot. The story also notes that Torre said he would use 4 playoff starters rather than 3, which I disagree with, but could live with. Here’s what gets me, though – why is there a question that Hiroki Kuroda would be the third starter? He’s been excellent lately, so I don’t know how you could think that Maddux would be a better choice right now.
* More than one person has asked me for a Rafael Furcal update lately, so here you go, from Doug Padilla of the Daily News. Seems that the back is no longer the issue, but his leg.
* It’s not Dodger-related, but FireNedCollettiNow has a picture that’s going to give you nightmares forever.
* Nomar as Barbaro? I could see it.
- Mike Scioscia’s tragic illness